Posted on January 13, 2019
By Annalece Anhalt-Slaughter
To say this weekend did not go as we all expected would be a massive understatement. We’re still trying to wrap our minds around the downfall of the Baltimore Ravens and how the Houston Texans blew such a massive lead. Selfishly, we wanted to see the Seattle Seahawks take down the Green Bay Packers so we could witness a rematch between former teammates and FCFL Team Owners } Fan Captains Marshawn Lynch and Richard Sherman. We guess we’ll just have to wait until their teams face off in the inaugural season of the FCFL! Unfortunately, the fans went 2-2 once more, but lets get a breakdown of each pick – bold indicates the winner of the game, italics indicate who the fans selected.
- Minnesota Vikings vs. San Francisco 49ers
- Tennessee Titans vs. Baltimore Ravens
- Houston Texans vs. Kansas City Chiefs
- Seattle Seahawks vs. Green Bay Packers
Let’s check out some the most insane moments from this weekend – you know, just to hold us over until the NFL Conference Championships.
- Richard Sherman continued to prove why he’s the best corner in the game!
There’s a reason you don’t throw to Richard Sherman’s side.
— SportsCenter (@SportsCenter) January 11, 2020
- Jonnu Smith pulled out an impressive TD for the Titans early on in the game, as shown below, but the real star of this moment was Dan Fouts and his *interesting* commentary
UNBELIEVABLE TD CATCH! 😳 #SCtop10
— SportsCenter (@SportsCenter) January 12, 2020
“Can you split cheeks?” pic.twitter.com/Llrdsgdgqf
— Mark (@tole_cover) January 12, 2020
- While the Texans were busy losing their 24-point lead over the Chiefs, Eric Fisher was busy giving himself a beer shower to celebrate one of many TDs for the Chiefs.
Nothing like giving yourself an in-game victory shower pic.twitter.com/qn35hCPDT8
— NFLonCBS (@NFLonCBS) January 12, 2020
- We don’t know who needs to hear this, but the yellow first-down marker is not always accurate. Maybe we need to say it a little bit louder for the Seahawks fans in the back that are still saying Jimmy Graham was short in the game-changing play that secured the Packers a win.
— Green Bay Packers (@packers) January 13, 2020
The yellow line isn’t alway accurate 🗣 pic.twitter.com/R7KXnmlMwO
— Luke Diamond (@ForTheCOLTure) January 13, 2020
- We hate to see BeastMode go, but we do love to see him impart some of his wisdom to all the athletes out there listening.
“Take care of y’all bread, so when y’all done, you can go ahead and take care of yourself.”
Marshawn Lynch used his time at the podium to give advice to younger players 🙏 pic.twitter.com/p5poQZA2cq
— SportsCenter (@SportsCenter) January 13, 2020