Posted on November 5, 2019
By Annalece Anhalt-Slaughter
What a week for football! Not only did the Miami Dolphins finally win their first game of the season, the New England Patriots were handed their first loss. Based on how the fans voted, there were some serious upsets – almost nobody thought the Pittsburgh Steelers and Los Angeles Chargers were capable of pulling out the W this week (and we agreed). After being split on two separate games, the fans ended up going 6-6-2, bringing their season record to 80-45-10. Now for a breakdown of each pick – bold indicates the winner of the game, italics indicate who the fans selected.
- San Francisco 49ers vs. Arizona Cardinals
- Houston Texans vs. Jacksonville Jaguars
- Chicago Bears vs. Philadelphia Eagles – looks like the fans just couldn’t pick one team in this match up.
- Minnesota Vikings vs. Kansas City Chiefs
- Indianapolis Colts vs. Pittsburgh Steelers
- New York Jets vs. Miami Dolphins
- Washington Redskins vs. Buffalo Bills
- Tennessee Titans vs. Carolina Panthers
- Detroit Lions vs. Oakland Raiders
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers vs. Seattle Seahawks
- Green Bay Packers vs. Los Angeles Chargers
- Cleveland Browns vs. Denver Broncos
- New England Patriots vs. Baltimore Ravens – the fans were split!
- Dallas Cowboys vs. New York Giants
Don’t forget, fans! NFL Week 10 picks open up TOMORROW on Twitter! And now, here are some of our favorite moments from Week 9:
- Following (yet another) Brown’s loss this week, Twitter was roasting Baker Mayfield for his appearance. This normally isn’t the kind of thing we would feature as a highlight, but some of these comparisons were too funny not to share.
Baker Mayfield stars in the gritty reboot of Uncle Buck pic.twitter.com/2djfIckJMy— Clue Heywood (@ClueHeywood) November 4, 2019
why does baker mayfield look like he’s about to drop the hottest post punk album of 1986 https://t.co/hHMl6zsvrY— Hector Diaz (@iamHectorDiaz) November 4, 2019
Instagram vs. real life pic.twitter.com/HtqpqB4FD9— Brendan Porath (@BrendanPorath) November 4, 2019
my favorite Michael Cera role yet pic.twitter.com/VTKbUCgymS— Christian D’Andrea (@TrainIsland) November 4, 2019
- We’ve said it (more than) once and we’ll say it again: kicking does not belong in football. Don’t @ us.
No Good! Steelers defeat the Colts 26-24 as Adam Vinatieri’s kick goes WIIIIIIIIIIDE left.— NFL Guy95 (@NFLFBGAMETIME) November 3, 2019
- We’re not saying the Chargers made a mistake moving to LA… but we do find it interesting that on Sunday the stadium was looking more like Lambeau Field and less like the Dignity Health Sports Park.
- If you missed MNF this week, you missed a guest appearance on the field by a black cat. While the footage is great, The Checkdown’s in-depth feature of his story is much more impressive.
The story of last night’s cat 🐐 pic.twitter.com/5BjyfiJX9e— The Checkdown (@thecheckdown) November 5, 2019
- Dallas Cowboys WR Michael Gallup had us feeling thankful, for the first time in a long time, for the pylon cameras when they caught his somersaulting TD.