Posted on December 30, 2019
By Annalece Anhalt-Slaughter
This week was WILD, fans! The Packers managed to beat the Lions as time ran out, the Patriots failed to execute their own version of the Miami Miracle, the Falcons took home the win in OT, and the Seahawks… well, we’ll get to that in an entirely separate blog post. We’re just glad that the final game of the NFL regular season was approximately 283x more exciting than the first game of the season. So how’d the fans do? Well, the fans ended up with the same record as last week – 10-6, bringing their season record to 139-86-15. Hey, that’s a better win-loss ratio than both Pat Shurmur and Freddie Kitchens! Maybe if they had the same foresight as the fans, they’d still have jobs. Too harsh? Well, it IS Black Monday after all. We wouldn’t be surprised to see a few more coaches get the axe before the day is over. Now for a breakdown of each pick – bold indicates the winner of the game, italics indicate who the fans selected.
- Green Bay Packers vs. Detroit Lions
- New York Jets vs. Buffalo Bills
- Miami Dolphins vs. New England Patriots
- Chicago Bears vs. Minnesota Vikings
- Los Angeles Chargers vs. Kansas City Chiefs
- Cleveland Browns vs. Cincinnati Bengals
- New Orleans Saints vs. Carolina Panthers
- Atlanta Falcons vs. Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- Indianapolis Colts vs. Jacksonville Jaguars
- Philadelphia Eagles vs. New York Giants
- Arizona Cardinals vs. Los Angeles Rams
- Pittsburgh Steelers vs. Baltimore Ravens
- Tennessee Titans vs. Houston Texans
- Oakland Raiders vs. Denver Broncos
- Washington Redskins vs. Dallas Cowboys
- San Francisco 49ers vs. Seattle Seahawks
And now for our favorite part of these weekly recaps: our favorite moments from Week 17!
- OF COURSE we are starting this highlight list off with the triumphant return of Team Owner | Fan Captain, Marshawn Lynch! The fans went wild in Seattle for him, but they lost it when he scored a TD and threw skittles all over the field. Only Beastmode fans.
- You didn’t think we’d forget about yet another Jameis Winston pick six, did you?! Especially when it happened to be his last play of the season?
The final ply of Jameis Winston’s season is a PICK SIX FOR HIS THIRTIETH INTERCEPTION OH MY GOD ITS SO PERFECT pic.twitter.com/atuf7ASfvp— Will Brinson (@WillBrinson) December 29, 2019
- The Patriots attempted to pull off their own Miami Miracle play and well, it didn't do very well.
- We hate games that end in field goals - that's a given - but when the Packers beat the Lions in the actual final second, this stat had us in stitches.
GAME. WINNER.@crosbykicks2 delivers the first-round playoff bye!#GBvsDET | #GoPackGo pic.twitter.com/xuZBr0gDkI</a></p>- Green Bay Packers (@packers) December 29, 2019
The #Packers did not lead for a single second against the Lions this season. Not one second. And they went 2-0 against their NFC North rival.— Ryan Wood (@ByRyanWood) December 29, 2019
Of all the crazy craziness this season, that has to rank as one of the craziest.
- With Philly's last-second win over the Giants yesterday, the Cowboys were knocked out of playoffs. And we all owe a big thank you to the person who caught Jerry Jones watching that last touchdown on camera 😂💀