Posted on December 26, 2019
By Annalece Anhalt-Slaughter
We hope you had a wonderful holiday break fans, but it’s time to get refocused on football! This week had a lot of close games and left plenty of room for different playoff scenarios – even the Raiders are still in contention. We know, we know – we’re still in disbelief! We have to say, our picks were almost identical to what the fans had (with the exception of the Rams vs. 49ers game), so we were really rooting for you to come out on top. So how’d the fans do? Well, the fans ended up with the same record as last week – 10-5-1, bringing their season record to 129-80-15. Now for a breakdown of each pick – bold indicates the winner of the game, italics indicate who the fans selected.
- Houston Texans vs. Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- Buffalo Bills vs. New England Patriots
- Los Angeles Rams vs. San Francisco 49ers – we guess the fans just couldn’t go without at least one tie
- Pittsburgh Steelers vs. New York Jets
- New Orleans Saints vs. Tennessee Titans
- Carolina Panthers vs. Indianapolis Colts
- Cincinnati Bengals vs. Miami Dolphins
- Baltimore Ravens vs. Cleveland Browns
- Jacksonville Jaguars vs. Atlanta Falcons
- New York Giants vs. Washington Redskins
- Detroit Lions vs. Denver Broncos
- Oakland Raiders vs. Los Angeles Chargers
- Arizona Cardinals vs. Seattle Seahawks
- Dallas Cowboys vs. Philadelphia Eagles
- Kansas City Chiefs vs. Chicago Bears
- Green Bay Packers vs. Minnesota Vikings
Don’t forget, fans! NFL Week 17 picks are LIVE on our Twitter! And now for the best part: our favorite moments from Week 16!
- We know this isn’t *technically* from Week 16 – but we’re not going to *not* start this list off with the news that Team Owner | Fan Captain Marshawn Lynch has come out of retirement and signed with the Seattle Seahawks! To make this news even more interesting, he will be facing off against former teammate and other Team Owner | Fan Captain Richard Sherman this week! We. Can. Not. Wait.
- Fun fact, fans: Ryan Fitzpatrick (or Fitzmagic, if you’re a fan of his) became the first QB in NFL history to throw 4 TDs in a single game for FIVE different franchises. Who knows, maybe he’ll stick it out with Miami after all!
“I guess it’s gonna be tough to catch me. I’ll try to keep going.”— NFLonCBS (@NFLonCBS) December 22, 2019
– Ryan Fitzpatrick on becoming the first QB in NFL history to throw 4 TD in a single game for FIVE different franchises pic.twitter.com/Dk2m0kYHgQ
- …Meanwhile, Jameis Winston continues to throw picks, including a pick-six in his very first pass of the game against the Texans. Yikes.
- Speaking of bad passes – unfortunately, Stefon Diggs overthrew a pass on what could have been a truly spectacular trick play in their game against the Packers. Oh, what could have been.
- We can’t end this highlight list without at least one troll move! Enter: Patrick Mahomes, who not-so-subtly counted to 10 after his TD. For anyone who needs a refresher on why that matters, the Bears took Mitch Trubisky with the 2nd pick of the 2017 Draft, while Patrick Mahomes was picked up 10th overall the same year. We think we know which team used their picks more wisely 😉