Posted on September 9, 2019
By Annalece Anhalt-Slaughter
Dear Fans of the Cleveland Browns,
Look, we were just as hyped for the Browns this season as you were. We WANT to see the Browns shed their losing-record cocoon and become the obnoxious orange and brown butterfly we know they can be. Some of us even had Cleveland winning this week in our various pick ‘em leagues that we’ve bought into, so trust us, we’re invested here. So, since we’re all on the same page here, we’d like to cover a couple things with you.
Things you SHOULD do:
- Have fun with your favorite people, football is officially back!
- Cheer as loud as possible for your team
- Wear your team colors with pride
- Engage in some friendly trash talk, especially if you have visitors sitting in your section
Let’s talk about what you SHOULDN’T do.
- Pour beer on the opposing team
- Piss off Titans CB Logan Ryan to the point where he calls for the NFL to take action against you
- Basically, just don’t be this guy
Okay, so maybe all the things you shouldn’t do are directed at one fan in particular, but we thought it might be a good idea to remind everyone how to behave. In football, it’s either your day or it isn’t, and yesterday was Tennessee’s day. Let’s just roll with the punches and focus on your next game against the New York Jets. These guys couldn’t take down the Buffalo Bills, so we think you’ve got a fair shot.
Your friends at the FCFL